Friday 14 June 2019

How I doubled my business....with product classes step by step

Welcome to Ready Set Demo

If this is your first visit, this blog is designed to help my fellow demos be successful in their businesses with tips, tutorials, online classes and training.

Today's video shares something I am very passionate about - including with-product classes in your business. Adding just 8 of these classes a year allowed me to double my business and I have been at no. 9 in sales for the UK for 2 years - all with classed based face to face events.

I have had a lot of questions about this subject so in this video I cover how to design, plan, cost, advertise and run this type of event.

So grab a coffee and a notebook - or listen while you work - and I hope you learn something new.



I cannot offer 1:1 coaching, but if you have any questions, please put them in the comments below and I will answer - because if you have a question, it may help others too.

And finally if you would like to know more about my online classes you can see them all here. 

Love Liz

10 comments:

  1. Very informative...thank you for sharing. Definitely something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this Liz! This is so helpful right now. One quick question is how far out do you design your classes before advertising them? Do you do several class designs at once or on a monthly basis? Thanks so much. 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer - this is a tricky one to answer. Traditionally I design at least 2 months out for with product classes and as you can imagine with inventory issues this has caused me lots of headaches this year. Because most of my interaction with my customers is face to face, I need to design that months special before 1st month - share it for 2 weeks, one week to order & prep and then teach the last week of the month. I do usually design one class at a time.

      Delete
  3. Liz ~ I recently moved to a new area. The ladies here love coming to make the cards but have no desire to purchase things. I am trying to do a product based class every other month so that I get some sales. The challenge would be to do things that use product that I purchase but they do not go home with any product left over. Do you have any suggestions for ideas as to how I can make this work for me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I have a different take on this Robbie. I would like to see your customers going home with things that may encourage them to craft at home. If you send them home with an ink spot and stamps, they may well start wanting to order some watercolour pencils or some notecards. My recent Come Sail Away class did use almost everything they got at class however!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the information. I am struggling with Product base classes and pricing. This has given me some ideas on pricing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great information and a well done video! thank you so very much for sharing how you run your classes!

    ReplyDelete